BUILDING THE TRANSFORMATIONAL COMPANY
The world of strategy is changing. The traditional approaches, tools and mindsets are no longer enough to deal with the strategic challenges and opportunities in today’s VUCA world. What is needed today is no longer strategy as usual, but strategy as transformation.
In this three-day executive program you will learn strategic leadership to successfully lead and transform companies for the future.
€4.000 per participant (discount available)
Who is it for?
The program is designed for:
- Executive leadership in private and publicly listed companies
- Top management, board members and senior decisionmakers facing disruptive industry trends or large-scale transformation challenges
- Strategy leaders, innovation leaders, middle management and young talent in competitive industries facing industry shifts or new competitive environments for the future
Experience, don’t just listen
On day two, the participants will spend the full day working through the powerful learning simulation Transform!
You will get a chance to take on the leadership role in a publicly listed company, and over the span of eight intense hours lead the company through a successful transformation and, ultimately, market dominance.
In teams of three, you develop and implement a new strategy, face competitive moves, deal with financial challenges and face financial analysts – all in the pursuit of a transformation success story.
Understand the shifting world of strategy
Build new capabilities in strategic leadership
Learn new strategy tools to drive strategy as transformation
Master a roadmap for building the transformational company
Christian Rangen is a strategy & transformation advisor to companies, innovation clusters and governments around the world. His clients span oil & gas, energy, technology, aviation, mobility, finance, consulting and national governments.
He is faculty / visiting faculty at multiple business schools in Europe. He has taught more than 20 different programs, including a wide range of Executive Education Programs, Executive Short Programs and Custom Designed Corporate Learning Programs in strategy, innovation, entreprenurship, change and transformation.
- Introduction & welcome
- The changing world of strategy: implications for executives
- The ten principles of transformation
- The external view
- Case: Industry shifts for WV
- Group work and presentations
- The internal view
- Case: Microsoft’s $800BN market cap rise
- Identifying the strategic leadership challenges
- Summary of day one
- TRANSFORM! The strategy & transformation simulation
- The participants will work through the Transform simulation throughout a working lunch
- Summary of day two
- Debrief & reflection
- Why transformation is hard: leadership, strategy and structure
- Group work: Barriers to our successful transformation
- Corporate venturing, open innovation and resource allocation processes
- Pulling it all together: the transformation journey
- Personal leadership and take-aways
- Summary of program