ONLINE CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
Master a completely new way to support and develop startups & scale up.
Learn 12 new tools – 100% digital and self-paced – become a certified Scale Up Coach.
PROGRAM LAUNCHES 9th MARCH 2021
Get a personal 90. minute digital workshop with the program leads, Rick & Chris. Get hands-on with the key tools, hear about the development of the latest tool, Scale Up Coach Canvas and get the behind the scenes stories from developing Scale Up Coach Global Program.
Exclusive 50% off discount available only for participants signing up before launch day (9th March, 2021): SUCOPrelaunch
What is the Scale-Up Coach Program?
Scale-Up Coach is an online program to help you build better start-ups, scale-ups, and entrepreneurial ecosystems. This 100% self-paced program teaches you the top 12 tools & apps you need to become a Scale-Up Coach.
Who is it for?
Scale Up Coach is for anyone working with, supporting, coaching, mentoring, teaching, or investing in startups and scale-ups:
- Accelerators & incubators
- Ecosystem builders
- Business school faculty
- Venture capital firms
- Angel investors and angel networks
- National innovation agencies
- Innovation clusters & Superclusters
Build Better Start-ups & Scale-ups
12 Proven Canvases
Insights & Case Studies
Scale Up Software
What you get
Canvases, Strategy Cards and Digital App – You Will Learn Them All
- Digital program with a quick and easy transfer into your role as a startup coach, accelerator manager, business school faculty, or consultant
- Get extensive training in 12 powerful scale-up tools
- Learn how to use the Scale-Up Strategy Cards
- 5 modules with 5 hours of bite-sized content
- Case studies on startups and scale-ups from different ecosystems
- Advanced facilitation and Masterclass techniques that you can apply immediately
- Grow your network and connect with fellow Scale Up Coaches
- 365 days of access to program material and any new updates to the programs
- 100’s of new tools, cards, cases, and exercises from the Strategy Tools Universe
- Micro-interviews with top global scale-up experts
- Brand new case studies from real-life unicorns
- 15 high-impact exercises to accelerate your mastery
- Six-part project work, helping you support your scale-up portfolio
- Invites to monthly digital live workshops
Who is it for?
A good fit for you?
Scale-Up Coach is for anyone working in or with entrepreneurship ecosystems. You can be:
- Start-Up Founder
- Start-Up Team Member
- Startup team & Scale up team
- Board member in early stage companies
- Investor in early stage companies, from friends and family, business angels to VC
- Corporate Venture Capital teams
- Accelerator, accelerator manager
- Incubator, incubator
- Business school faculty
- Involved with entreprenurship training
- Entreprenurship foundation
- Ecosystem developer
- National innovation and entreprenurship policymaker
- National innovation agency staff
- Entreprenurship policymakers
- And anyone with a passion for building better entreprenurship ecosystems and scale ups
Clean Energy Disruptors
Meet groundbreaking scale-ups:
- Solar energy, battery, electric boats, EV charging, and software
- Meet the CEOs
- See the pitch decks
- Listen to investor presentations
- Read the IPO documents
- Gain powerful insights
Work on Real Life Scale Up Challenges
- Meet 10+ case companies, tackle their top scale up challenges
- Learn the most common scale up challenges
- Identify the key strategic issues in just minutes
- Develop high-impact solutions through hands-on exercises
Meet Real-Life Investors
- Meet 70+ investors
- Based on real-life investors
- Experience real life term sheets
- Understand how to structure great capital strategies
Get Powerful Tools to Grow Into a Scale Up Coach
- Learn how to use the Scale Up Coach Canvas
- Develop your mastery with the Scale Up Strategy Cards
- Build your strategic skills as a company builder
- Develop your expertise as a business angel
Faster Value Creation
Accelerate the value development of your own startup portfolio
Achieve better returns on your angel investments
Achieve faster exits in your venture fund portfolio
Participants in the program can instantly apply the tools and methodologies with their own angel investments, accelerator investments or early-stage venture fund.
The proven methodology has already helped angels, accelerators and VCs make significant financial returns in startups accelerating faster to exit and financial return.
Why You Should Join
Develop Your Skills
Expand Your Toolkit
Learn How You Can Help Build Better Startups
Learn Globally Proven Tools to Support Your Startup Ecosystem
Become a Recognized Scale Up Expert
Grow Your Business Impact with Early Stage Ecosystems
Who is Already Using It?
Globally leading ocean impact accelerator, Katapult, has been using the Startup Series tools with their accelerator cohorts. Startups in the accelerator program use both paper-based and digital apps on the Strategy Tools Platform to accelerate their scale-up strategy.
LINK Venture Capital
Nordic VC firm Link use Strategy Tools Digital Solutions to reinvent their deal sourcing and workflow, leading to far more efficient work processes and a better ‘customer’ experience for their investment prospects.
The national innovation agency has made the Long-Term Funding Roadmap one of four official tools in the agency’s official toolbox for all 700 employees. This will set a standard for the national funding framework and be rolled out to employees, startups, and investors.
Get to Work Immediately
This program is designed to give you quick path to action. The program has extensive, hands-on training exercises, helping you accelerate your learning.
Most importantly, you can very quickly apply your new tools and learning to real life startup work.
Module 0: Introduction
Introduction and program outline
Module 1: the Scale Up Journey
What is the Scale Up Journey? Stories from leading scale-ups around the world. Case studies on battery technology, floating solar, mobility, and social media. The role of the Scale Up Coach. Unique tools for your project work.
Module 2: Capital Strategy
What is a capital strategy? How can startups and scale-ups work more strategically on their fund raising? Case studies on digital lifestyle, drones, artificial intelligence, and smart mobility. Investor interviews. Powerful toolkit for raising better financing rounds.
Module 3: Scale Up Strategy
What is a Scale Up Strategy? How can startups develop the right scale-up strategy for the future? Case studies in solar energy, electric mobility, fintech, and social media. Extensive toolkit for creating a scale-up strategy.
Module 4: Value Creation
What is value creation? How to move from idea to IPO. How to plan strategically for exit and successful value creation. Investor returns. Case studies on energy, fintech, ed-tech. Advanced level tools for value creation and exit strategy. Advanced level exercises for mastery of the role as a Scale Up Coach.
Module 5: Your Role
Your role as a high-impact, value creating Scale Up Coach. Reflections. Impact assessment. Value assessment. Next steps.
Over the past 18+ years, Christian Rangen has ‘worked’ across multiple roles of various startup ecosystems. He has founded, co-founded or advised more than 100 companies, he has founded and built several accelerator programs, he is mentor or advisor to accelerators in Asia, Europe and the US. He advises governments, investors and innovation clusters on entrepreneurship. He teaches entrepreneurship at business schools and is himself an active angel investor. Yet, throughout this journey, he often felt a lack of tools and methodologies that could help founders succeed. This program is designed to solve this challenge. In Scale Up Coach, you will learn how you can apply globally proven tools to build better startups and scale-ups – starting today.
A Silicon Valley native with direct experience and thought leadership across industry, government, venture capital, and academia. I’ve been on executive teams of three separate companies that started with zero revenue, raised rounds from leading VCs, went public, gained Fortune 500 status, and sold for a collective $12B. Sought-out speaker and active advisor for governments, accelerators, ecosystems, and startups around the world. Rick is an Industry Fellow for the Sutardja Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology, at Berkeley and Adjunct faculty at Northeastern. Head of Mentors for the European Innovation Academy. He is also an in-demand faculty member at various international entrepreneurship education programs. Today, Rick spends his time working on global ecosystem development, advising governments and startups, and teaching ambitious entrepreneurs around the world.
Launch Webinar – 9th March, 19:00 CET
Get a personal 90. minute digital workshop with the program leads, Rick & Chris. Get hands-on with the key tools, hear about the development of the latest tool, Scale Up Coach Canvas and get the behind the scenes stories from developing Scale Up Coach Global Program. Exclusive 50% off discount available only for participants signing up before launch day (9th March, 2021): SUCOPrelaunch
19:00 – Welcome, introductions
19:05 – Why Scale Up Coach? (discussion, Rick & Chris)
19:15 – Outcomes and capabilities you gain (Rick)
19:25 – Program overview (Chris)
19:30 – Breakout exercises
Break out exercises in small groups, testing out the role of a Scale Up Coach in practice. You will go hands-on with new tools, cases and content in the program.
20:00 – Discussion on breakout exercise (all)
20:10 – Q&A (all)
20.25 – Summary notes: Scale Up Coach Program (Chris)
Sign Up Now
Create larger impact together with your team. Groups of 5 and above get 50% off the program fee.
Get in touch to arrange your team’s enrollment at [email protected]
50% Off Program Fee for Early Birds: Use the code “SUCOPrelaunch” before 9th March 2021.
Scale Up Coach Certification ProgramSelf-Directed - Work at Your Own Pace
- 100% digital program with a quick & easy transfer into your role as a startup coach, accelerator manager, business school faculty, or consultant
- Exclusive access to 12 new Scale Up strategy tools (Canvases) – only available in this online program
- 5 modules with 5 hours of bite-sized content
- Brand new case studies on startups, scale-ups and unicorns from different ecosystems
- High impact exercises and project work to accelerate your mastery
- Work together with a global community in monthly live digital workshops